Teacher Trainer Consultant, FCDO/Jordan BRIDGE Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Teacher Trainer Consultant candidates to support the FCDO-funded Building Resilience, Inclusion, and Diversity through Girls’ Education (BRIDGE) program in Jordan. This four-year activity aims to improve inclusive and gender sensitive education in Jordan, combat learning loss at the systems level caused by COVID-19 school closures, and to implement improvements in financial management and reporting at a systems level. Based in Amman, the Teacher Trainer Consultant will be responsible for supporting the roll out at scale and adaptation of teacher training manual and guidelines in 3 subjects: 1) Disability, 2) Gender Sensitivity, and 3) Leadership on gender/employability.
Only citizens of Jordan or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the roll out at scale and adaptation of teacher training manual and guidelines in 3 subjects: 1) Disability, 2) Gender Sensitivity, and 3) Leadership on gender/employability.
- Transform material and training content for the above trainings into e-content and add to the respective platforms for delivering online training in the future.
- Provide support to teachers and principals and other school staff training in around 1000 inclusive schools.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Jordanian citizenship or residency with work authorization to be able to work in Jordan is required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in development or relevant social sciences areas. Master’s degree or higher, preferred.
- Leadership knowledge of education systems, and specific expertise gained from working in Jordan (or neighboring countries/contexts) is required.
- Knowledge and expertise in driving improved learning outcomes is ideal.
- Knowledge and expertise in vocational Skills and/or Learning Recovery and Remedial Education is ideal.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic (specific knowledge of the dialect from the Levant region) is required.